1. Applicability. (a) These eTemp Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) apply to all orders, documents or other agreements which incorporate these Terms (collectively with the Terms, the “Agreement”) and relate to the sale and/or provision of Goods and Services to you (“Buyer”) by eTemp, LLC or any of its affiliated entities (“Seller”). (b) Seller reserves the right to revise or otherwise modify these Terms at any time with or without notice to Buyer. If revised or modified, the revised Terms will be posted on this website and will thereafter be immediately effective for any Agreements issued thereafter. (c) All capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in other parts of the Agreement. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer’s order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
2. Delivery. (a) The goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of an Order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays in transit. (b) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller shall deliver the Goods to Buyer’s location as specified in any email, notice or Order (the “Delivery Point“) using Seller’s standard methods for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods immediately upon delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Point. (c) Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of the Order.
3. Shipping Terms. Delivery shall be made FOB Delivery Point.
4. Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point.
5. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods. (a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods upon receipt within three (3) days (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as required by Seller. “Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer’s purchase order; or (ii) product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents. (b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods to Seller’s facility. If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer’s shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer’s expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point. (c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 5(b) are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under Section 5(b), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
6. Taxes. All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets
7. Payment Terms. (a) Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods and/or Services if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for ten (10) days following written notice thereof. (b) Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty. EXCEPT FOR THE ETEMP LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY, SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
9. Limitation of Liability. (a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, WHETHER OR NOT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES HAS BEEN DISCLOSED IN ADVANCE BY BUYER OR COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN BY BUYER, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. (b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE SUBJECT DISPUTE ARISING OR $10,000.00, WHICHEVER IS LESS. (c) Buyer has done its own thorough and proper due diligence. (d) Buyer hereby waives all claims against Seller and its members, employees and affiliated companies.
10. Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement.
11. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (a) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement and such failure continues for ten (10) days after Buyer’s receipt of written notice of nonpayment; (b) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (c) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
12. Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates or may be construed as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
13. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including, but not limited to, the terms of this Agreement, specifications, presentations, videos, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential,” in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed, copied or used towards decision making to purchase a competitive product, unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Agreement. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Seller on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
14. Force Majeure. The Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
15. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
16. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
17. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
18. Dispute Resolution. Buyer and Seller each agree to first contact each other with any disputes and provide a written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. If after sixty 60 days the parties are unable to resolve any dispute raised under the previous provision, the parties may then pursue the dispute consistent with Section 19 and 20 below and applicable law.
19. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of New York.
20. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of New York, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
21. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth in the Agreement or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
22. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
23. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Order including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Compliance with Laws, Confidentiality, Governing Law, Submission to Jurisdiction and Survival.